SGI have developed department wise Student clubs. Club activities that take place outside the classroom but reinforce or supplement classroom curriculum in some way. They are ungraded and do not offer any form of academic credit, but they do provide complementary learning of some form. Examples of co-curricular activities might include National Honor Society, student council, sports teams, math clubs, chess clubs, talent shows, and spelling bees, debates, writing competitions, mock trials, newspapers and drama productions, debate, music, poster making, working model, healthy discussion on various topics, photography and many more. All of these activities take place outside the traditional classroom and offer no grade or academic credit, but they provide supplementary and complementary instruction and education for students. Club activities can provide students with a lot of interesting and important experiences outside the traditional classroom.
AIM OF NCC:
The ‘Aims’ of the NCC laid out in 1988 have stood the test of time and continue to meet the requirements expected of it in the current socio-economic scenario of the country. The NCC aims at developing character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit.
We the cadets of the National Cadet Corps, do solemnly pledge that we shall always uphold the unity of India. We resolve to be disciplined and responsible citizens of our nation. We shall undertake positive community service in the spirit of selflessness and concern for our fellow beings.
MOTTO of NCC
The need for having motto for the Corps was discussed in the 11th Central Advisory Committee (CAC) meeting held on 11 Aug 1978. The mottos suggested were “Duty and Discipline”; “Duty, Unity and Discipline”; “Duty and Unity”; “Unity and Discipline”. The final decision for selection of “Unity and Discipline” as motto for the NCC was taken in the 12th CAC meeting held on 12 Oct 1980.
The NCC is a responsive, learning, and continuously evolving organization. Its activity is guided by certain Core Values that we endeavor to instill among all ranks of the NCC. These include the following:
- A sense of patriotic commitment to encourage cadets to contribute to national development.
- Respect for diversities in religion, language, culture, ethnicity, lifestyle, and habitat to instill a sense of national unity and social cohesion.
- Abiding commitment to learn and adhere to the norms and values enshrined in the Indian Constitution.
- Understanding the value of a just and impartial exercise of authority. Ability to participate in community development and other social programs.
- A healthy lifestyle is free of substance abuse and other unhealthy practices.
- Sensitivity to the needs of poor and socially disadvantaged fellow citizens.
- Inculcating habits of restraint and self-awareness.
- Understanding the values of honesty, truthfulness, self-sacrifice, perseverance, and hard work.
- Respect for knowledge, wisdom, and the power of ideas.
Justify the motto of NSS “Not me but You” reflects the essence of democratic living and up hold a need of selfless voluntary service.NSS camps are organized with an aim to arouse consciousness for social welfare among students. These activities make our students not heartless technocrats but responsible moral citizens with an urge to serve the society and nation in general. The activities under taken during such camps are:-
*Blood Donation Camps *Yoga Camps *Poster Making, Literary Camps, etc
This prepares the students for the initial foray into the corporate world. The students even after placements are continuously assisted and advised by the YMDP team, helping them to adjust in the new real life environment.
Social Service, NSS program, UHV
Justify the motto of NSS “Not me but You” reflects the essence of democratic living and up hold a need of selfless voluntary service.NSS camps are organized with an aim to arouse consciousness for social welfare among students. These activities make our students not heartless technocrats but responsible moral citizens with an urge to serve the society and nation in general. The activities under taken during such camps are:- *Blood Donation Camps *Yoga Camps *Poster Making, Literary Camps, etc. Students of SGI, are regularly participating in seminar, workshops based in Universal Human Values to become responsible and establish harmony in relationship with family, Society and nature.
A three day long awareness camp for entrepreneurship was organized in SGI campus for teachers as well as senior students. The seminar-cum-workshop is thoroughly conducted in which entrepreneurs of different fields delivered their knowledge and threw light on the emerging Globalization Era and an urgent need For Entrepreneurs. The Branch Manager of Rajasthan Garmin Bank (RGB) delivered the inaugural speech followed by addresses of various business leaders and entrepreneurs. It proved to be a highly learning experience for the students and faculty members.
Industrial Visit & Fun Tours
As a part of the SGI curriculum, the students are required to undertake Industrial Visits to a few industries of repute, so as to provide them with the real insight of working procedure of an esteemed organization such as yours and to fulfil the curriculum demand. At SGI, we feel it will be fruitful that the students with academic background have a glimpse of the industry in order to have a better appreciation of practical applications of theory. Students during the visit learn about production, technology, inventory system, supply chain, maintaining of records, interaction with experts from production, HR, Marketing and R&D etc.
Students of various departments of SGI, have visited Kullu, Manali, Rohtang, Shimla, Rishikesh, Mussoorie, Dehradoon Utrakhand etc as fun tour.
Tech Fest Events
Students have a chance to participate in the process of discussing new ideas, developing them into research concepts and workable products. Some students consider this experience as a turning point in their careers. A chance encounter opens up a new world of possibilities.
- IT Tech Tonic & Techno Management Fest:This is a five days long celebration having different activities on different days such as Workshop, Seminar, IT quiz, Software Presentation, Hardware Presentation, LAN-Gaming, Poster Presentation ,Model Making, Simulation etc.
- Pharmacy Week: This is a Seven days long celebration having different activities on different days such as Workshop, Seminar, quiz, Poster Presentation, Model Making, and Project Planning etc.
- Fresher Party :New batches are given a Fresher’s Party ,in this program a fashion ramp walk of fresher’s are conducted in which the students cat walked and the winners are given the title of Mr. & Miss Fresher. The contestants were put to rigorous Q & A sessions with the judges covering a variety of topics ranging from fashion, socio-political, technical and other contemporary issues. A cultural event competition was also held comprising of various competitions like singing and dancing. There was an informal introduction of the new students at the end of the program.
- IT-TARANG: Following the Indian tradition of hospitality, the IT department of SGI welcomed the new entrants of Shekhawati family with a grand Fresher’s Party “IT-TARANG”. The senior students of the IT department played a multidimensional role in the organization of this party. On this day students fervently participated and excellently performed in various songs, dances, skits, catwalks, mimicry, etc. This is a three day long celebration having different activities on different days such as Rangoli, Painting , IT quiz , Power point presentations, etc. Subsequently a party is hosted for the newcomers by the senior students of SGI. In the workmanship of the Head of the Department, students enthusiastically participated at all levels from organizing the programme to anchoring to maintaining discipline.
- Energize:The students of SGI are raring to go and showcase their talent in Its Annual Tech Fest ‘Energize’. Annual tech fest “Energize” is having sequences of various programmes, started with technical events, cultural programmes at college & Inter college level. Final day of Tech Fest is graced with Celebrities from Bollywood and followed with award ceremony as academic excellence award, sports awards, Student of the year award and various activities awards. In last 05 Energizes Mr Jiimi Felix, Ms. Parsin, Mr. Prince, Ms Neha Kakkar, Ms Niharika, Mr Vishal, Mr. Suresh Albela, Ms Neha Vaishnav, Mr. Mahi Rathore, Mr Ravindra Upadhyay, Ms. Sagrika Deb, Mr Vijay Ishwarlal Panwar (VIP) have given their live performances. This annual event draws participants from various colleges and renowned dignitaries from various spheres of life to witness the rising benchmark of cultural fests at SGI.
SGI has developed huge and well maintained play grounds in all campuses for the all-round development of students Various outdoor games like Cricket, Football, Volleyball, Badminton & Indoor games like Table Tennis, Chess, Carom, Billiards etc. are organized under the supervision of Sports instructors. The institutes keep on organizing sports activities and inter-college meets from time-to-time.
Yoga & Meditation Center
Shekhawati Group of Institutions lays emphasis on participative Yoga and meditation. Practicing yoga is known to improve flexibility, balance, endurance and physical strength. While meditation helps to keep the mind sharp and clear, relieves stress and improves overall well-being.
We need to live in a culture that values and respects and looks up to and idolizes women as much as men………..Emma Watson
At SGI, women taking admission feel safe and secure a women cell is developed and this cell is headed by Mrs Snehlata Choudhary Secretary, Gurukul Shiskshan Santhan herself. She herself look after on it and her active participation in this cell means a lot for women in SGI.
- To help people to change their mindset and attitudes towards life in terms of women
- To encourage greater participation and to develop responsible and value oriented leadership in Female students.
- To build a society with social and economic gender equality
- To reach out to Women in the rural areas and make them aware of their social and legal rights and to equip them to stand against gender violence and gender discrimination
- To create awareness, instill values and develop the personality and leadership quality in the members.
- To provide sanitary pads in untouched rural areas and make girls aware about importance of hygiene
- To make society aware about various schemes especially launched for women.
Teacher Guardian Ralationship
Each student at SGI, allotted a specific teacher guardian, who acts as mentor and provides emotional support, monitors academic performance, provides necessary guidance to his/her ward and communicates all such details with the parents of the students on daily basis.